Hot Spicy Cauliflower – Phool Gobhi Roganjosh
- 1 cauliflower
- 1½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp fennel powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp white cumin seed
- ½ tsp black cumin seed
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 2 bay leaves
- cooking vegetable oil
- a pinch of asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup of water
- Wash, and cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the florets (2-3 pieces at a time).
- Fry them until golden brown and put it aside.
- Fry in the same way as the rest of the florets.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a wide bottomed pan.
- Add the asafoetida, cumin seeds and sauté’ at low heat.
- Add the red chilli powder and little water.
- Stir until a red paste is formed.
- Add ginger powder, fennel powder, salt, clove, bay leaves, water and the fried florets.
- Mix them well and add water.
- Cook on a high flame till the water dries up (about 2-3 minutes).
- Grind black cumin and cardamom and sprinkle them over the florets and cover the pan. This