Tscchut Gugji/or PlainTurnip/Shalgam:
Serving size: 3-4 people
- ½ or 1kg gugji/turnip;
- 2-3 tbsp. of oil;
- 2 whole red or green chilies;
- Pinch of heeng/ asafetida;
- Salt to taste;
- ½ cup of water;
- Kashmiri masala/var if available;
- Wash and cut thin slices of gugji/turnip.
- Take oil in pressure cooker and add heeng.
- Add gugji to oil and stir well.
- Add salt, whole chili, water and boil. (if you want to make wuzji gugji/red color turnip, you may add ¼ chili powder.)
- Boil and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off stove, leave pressure lid on and open only when pressure in cooker drops.
- Add pinch of var (optional).
- Serve with white rice
- The recipe is ready to enjoy with white rice and plan yogurt.