KEHWA/Mugil Chai (Kashmiri Green Tea)
Serving size: 4 people
- 4 cups water,
- a pinch of dalchini/cinnamon,
- 1/2 tsp fresh green tea (crushed),
- 2 choti elaichi/cardamom,
- 3 or 4 badams/almond (crushed),
- sugar to taste.
- Take water in a vessel or kettle.
- Add crushed tea leaves and allow it to one boil.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Add crushed elaichi, dalchini and shredded badam while
tea is boiling and cover.
- The tea is now ready to drink.
If you don't like tea leaves with tea. Put elaichi, badam in
a cup and pour tea through sieve into the cup, and serve.
Mugil chai is usually made in samovar but if samovar is not available make in pan or vessel.