Serving size: 3-4 people
- One chicken,
- 3 tbsp. of oil,
- 4-5 garlic cloves,
- 3 onions,
- 4 tomatoes,
- 1 piece of ginger,
- 1 tsp cumin seed / zeera,
- 1tsp shonth/ginger powder,
- 1 tsp badiyan/fennel powder,
- 1tsp red chili powder/marchwangan,
- 1/4 turmeric powder/hald/lider,
- ½tsp cinnamon powder or 2 sticks of cinnamon/dalchin;
- 3 laung/roung/ cloves,
- 2 green small chilies,
- Salt to taste,
- Cilantro for garnish.
- Peel and chop garlic, ginger and onion into small pieces (You may use food processor for chopping)
- Keep it aside.
- Clean and wash chicken and leave aside in colander to drain water.
- Take oil in a pan or pressure cooker.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, ginger and zeera.
- Fry on low heat till onion turns golden brown.
- Add chicken, clove and cinnamon to oil mixture and stir well till water starts coming out.
- Add all spices given above.
- Add chopped tomatoes to chicken and add salt.
- Boil till water starts evaporating and only thick little gravy is left behind. Check for desired softness of Chicken.
- If cooking in pressure, pressure cook for 5 minutes after adding all ingredients and turn off stove.
- Open the lid when pressure has dropped.
- Grind zeera and green small elaichi and sprinkle on meat. This will give exotic aroma to chicken.
- Garnish it with cilantro.
Note: You may add yogurt to chicken at the time spices are added.