Munji Haakh/Ganth Gobi/Kohlrabi:
Serving size: 3-4 people
- I/2 kg or 1 pound munjihaakh/kohlrabi;
- Pinch of heeng/asafetida;
- 4-5 tablespoons of oil;
- 2 whole green chilies or red dry chili 1-1/2 cup of water,
- Kashmir masala/var if available.
- Clean munjihaakh/kohlrabi by checking for any white lines on its leaves or any bugs. Make sure you wash two times in water-filled sink to get rid of any sand or dirt. You may add salt to water in the sink to kill any bugs attached to the leaves.
- Peel skin of munji or round green stem.
- Cut munji or round green stem into thin slices and tender leaves into long strips.
- Pour 3-4 tbsp. of oil in pressure cooker.
- Add munji and haakh and stir well till munjihaakh leaves water out.
- Add salt and whole dry or green chilies as desired.
- Add water.
- Add pinch of baking powder.
- Boil munjihaakh.
- Pressure cook for3-4 whistles or 5-6 minutes.
- Open the lid of the cooker immediately to retain green color of haakh.
(Add ½ tsp. of red chili powder in case you want munjihaakh in red color.)
Pressure in cooker should be released slowly by lifting weight with ladle or by cooling pressure under running water. If cooking in a pan cook untilmunji haakh is tender.