Mutsch (Ground Mutton):
½ kg or 1 lb ground lamb or goat,
¼ haldi, or turmeric powder,
1 tsp of chili powder,
1 tsp badiyan,
2 laung or cloves,
2 big elaichi, ½ cinnamon powder,
pinch of heeng,
2 tbsp of oil and salt to taste.
one cup of water
(You can also make Mutsch of ground chicken or turkey that is available
in meat section at super markets)
- Mix ground mutton with ½ tsp of shonth, badiyan, zeera, ground
black elaichi, and little salt.
- Mix well.
- Take a small ball of meat in hand and make thick finger shape of the
And place in a plate.
- Take oil in a pressure cooker or pan.
- Add pinch of heeng on low flame.
- Add red chili powder and yogurt to oil.
- Saute' chilli till you see no whiteness of yogurt.
- Add 1 cup of water, shonth, badiyan, zeera, heeng to chili paste and
- Add meat balls to spicy water mixture in pan while water is boiling.
- Boil till all water is absorbed by Mutsch or pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off stove and open when pressure has dropped.
- Check for excess water if there is any.
- Sprinkle ground zeera and small eliachi and cover the pan. This gives
exotic aroma to Mutsch.