Serving size: 3-4 people
- ½ kg or 1 lb. of nadur/lotus root; (available at Chinese store U.S.A)
- 1tsp. of zeera/cumin seed/zeur;
- ½ tsp. of badiyan/fennel powder,
- 1 tsp. of shonth/ginger powder;
- ½ tsp. of zeera powder;
- ½ cinnamon/dalchini;
- 2 cloves/loung/roung;
- 4 green elaichi/cardamom;
- 1 big elaichi/cardamom;
- 2 bay leaves/tej pata;
- 2 tbsp. of oil;
- Salt to taste;
- 1-1/2 cup of beaten yogurt and half cup of beaten sour cream.(Available in all supermarkets in milk section).
- Cut nadur into 2-1/2 inch long round pieces.
- Boil nadur with 2 small and big crushed elaichi; roung, heeng, bay leaves, 1/2 zeera, salt,and heeng in pressure cooker for 5 minutes.
- Open the pressure cooker to check for tenderness.
- Beat yogurt, sour cream, shonth, badiyan, dalchini, zeera powder, together in deep bowl.
- Take oil in a pan.
- Add mixture of yogurt to oil and sauté at a low heat.
- Boil the whole mixture and add to nadur in pressure cooker and boil for 5-10 minutes at high flame.
- Crush green elaichi and zeera, and sprinkle the
powder over nadur yakheni in presssure cooker/pan.
- Cover the cooker to retain exotic aroma.
- Serve with white boiled rice.