Phool Rogan Josh
Phoola rogan josh is usually prepared on weddings as a part of vegetarian
dishs and other special occasions like birthdays and is part vegetarian
½ kg or 1lb of cauliflower or phool gobi,5 tbsp of oil, a pinch
of asofetida or heeng, salt to taste, 11/2 of badiyan or aniseed powder,
½ shonth, 1 tsp of zeera, 2 cloves, 2 cardamom or green elaichi,
2 bay leaves ½ cup of water.
- Cut phool into florets, deep fry them till golden brown.
- Heat oil in a pan; add heeng, ½tsp zeera, fry little at low
- Add red chili powder and little water, Stir till red paste is formed.
- Add shonth, badiyan, salt, cloves, bay leaves, and water and fried
phool. Mix all together well.
- Cook on high flame till water dries for 2-3 minutes or till oil is
- Grind zeera and cardamom. Sprinkle it over phool; cover the pan. This
will give Phool
- Rogan Josh exotic aroma.