Serving size: 3-4 people
- 1 packet Palakh,
- salt to taste,
- 1tsp. red chili powder/marchwangan;
- pinch of heeng asafetida,
- vari/kashmiri masala,
Sauchal may be available in northern parts of America and at Korean stores at other places. Usually it is not available everywhere, therefore I have replaced palakh with souchal
- Take 4 spoons of oil in a wide pan or kadahi.
- Add heeng and palakh/souchal to oil.
- Stir-fry palakh/souchal till all the water dries.
- Add 1spoon of chili powder to palakh/souchal and keep on stirring.
- Add salt and var (optional).
- Stir till only oily spicy palakh/souchal is seen.
- Souchal dish is now ready and can be relished with 'Trakur bata
(Little hard cooked rice).
- Usually, souchal is a side dish with main dishes like daal or haakh.