Naat Or Kabar Gaah:
Serving size: 2-4 people
- 5-6 lamb rib chops of mutton,
- 1tsp zeera/cumin seed,
- ½ tsp of powdered cinnamon or 2 sticks of cinnamon/dalchini,
- pinch of heeng/asefetida,
- 1 cup full-fat milk,
- 1 green eliachi/cardamom,
- 1 big eliachi,,
- 1 tsp shonth/ginger powder,
- 1 tsp badiyan/fennel powder
- half cup of yogurt
- pinch of chili powder and/turmeric haldi
- 4-5 tbsp of ghee or clarified butter.
- Take milk in a pressure cooker.
- Add all material given above to milk except ghee.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes,
- Open the lid when pressure cools.
- Make sure all milk is absorbed by mutton.
- Beat the yogurt with pinch of salt, chili powder and haldi.
- Add cooked and drained ribs to yogurt batter and let it sit for 10
- Take ghee in a wide pan and warm ghee.
- Add back-to-back chops to ghee in a pan.
- And fry in ghee slowly at low heat.
- Fry till chops are golden brown.
- Put silver foil over chops as a garnish.
- Serve hot with Paratha or rice as a side dish.
Regarded as a delicacy, this special dish is usually served on special
occasions like weddings and fir saal of son-law or when the in-laws
of son and/or daughter are specially invited after wedding or gar