Wuzij Chaman or red paneer/frying cheese:
Serving size: 3-4 people
- 1 lbs cheese/ paneer /chaman,
- pinch of haldi/turmeric,
- 1tsp shonth/ginger powder,
- 11/2 tsp badiyan/fennel powder,
- salt to taste,
- 1 tbsp. of yogurt,
- green eliachi/cardamom,
- cloves, 1big elaichi,
- 2 sticks of cinnamon,
- oil for deep frying,
- 1 cup of water.
- Make thick square pieces of chaman/ paneer.
- Take oil in a pan and fry paneer by 2 or 3 pieces at a time.
- Fry till paneer is golden brown.
- Fry all the pieces same way.
- Take 1tbsp of oil in a separate pan and add heeng to oil.
- And chili powder and stir.
- Add yogurt to chili powder in oil and stir till white color of yogurt is not visible.(tomato puree may be used instead of yogurt)
- Add all the above spices to chili mixture and water.
- Add chaman to mixture of spices.
- Boil for 15-20 minutes till most of water is absorbed and oil is floating on top.
- And serve hot with white rice.